Application for the Leadership Talent Academy
How can I apply for the Leadership Talent Academy?
The Leadership Talent Academy starts on Mo, 19.10.2020. To participate in the Leadership Talent Academy, you will go through a two-stage selection process. In the first part you submit your written application documents. After reviewing your documents and receiving positive feedback, we would like to get to know you in a personal interview in the second part. The selection procedure will be accompanied by a selection committee.
Application to start in winter semester 2020/2021
Phase 1 – Online-Application
- Application period: 15.07.2020 to 14.08.2020
- Notification of preselection: until 04.09.2020
Requirements for the application (please click)
- You are a master student or doctoral candidate at KIT, especially from the engineering or natural sciences, are about to enter professional life and would like to take on leadership responsibility.
- You are interested in a value-oriented personality and career development and want to get to know yourself more intensively.
- You should be able to participate in all workshop and seminar days.
- You are fluent in spoken and written German.
Please note that an application is only possible if you are expected to be able to participate in all 10 workshop and seminar days. Since the entire content of the Leadership Talent Academy is held in German, a command of the German language in spoken and written form (minimum level B2) is required.
Requirements for the application documents (please click)
- Filled Application Form
- Tabular curriculum vitae
- Certificates and attestations (diplomas and current excerpt of grades, work/internship certificates)
- Proofs (social and/or professional commitment (also participation in competitions / awards), certificate of enrolment or notification of acceptance as a doctoral student)
- 2-page letter of motivation in which the following guiding questions are to be answered:
- What does good leadership mean to me and what influence does personality have on leadership?
- What do I hope to achieve by participating in the Leadership Talent Academy?
- Why do I want to take part in the Leadership Talent Academy at exactly this time?
- How can I contribute to the success of the Leadership Talent Academy?
- Proof of German language skills at least at level B2, unless you are a native speaker
- Indication whether you favour a particular transit group (group A or group B)
Each year, 30 master's or doctoral students can participate in the Leadership Talent Academy. With few exceptions, the individual workshop and seminar days are held in two groups of 15 participants each. Groups A and B differ only in terms of dates, but not in the content of the program. When applying, please indicate whether you prefer a particular transition group (Group A or Group B). You will receive confirmation of your group assignment when you confirm your participation in the Leadership Talent Academy. For more information about the dates of the respective transition group, see here.
Please send your complete application documents (collected in one e-mail) within the application period with the subject "Application for the Leadership Talent Academy" by e-mail to LTA∂irm.kit.edu. Please check your documents for completeness before dispatch. Unfortunately, incomplete documents cannot be considered in the selection process.
Phase 2 – Selection interviews
- Selection interviews: 07.09.2020 to 11.09.2020
- Notification of acceptance and rejection: until 18.09.2020
Selection interviews (please click)
We would like to get to know you as a person in the selection interviews. We are interested in who you are and what motivation you bring to the Leadership Talent Academy. This is not a professional interview, but rather an assessment of how you could benefit from the Academy's offerings.
The selection interviews each last half an hour and take place from Mon, 07.09.2020 to Fri, 11.09.2020. We would like to point out that the selection interviews will only take place in the week mentioned above and unfortunately they cannot be postponed. If you make an appointment within this period, we will contact you again after a positive review of your written application documents.
Acceptances / rejections (please click)
You will receive feedback from us by 18 September 2020 as to whether you can participate in the Leadership Talent Academy this year. Please understand that due to the large number of applications, we are unfortunately unable to provide you with detailed information on the reasons for accepting or rejecting applications. If you are not able to participate this year, we would be happy to receive your application next year!
Please note: A separate application is required for participation in the Academy "Leadership and Personality". Further information is available here.