Application for the Leadership Talent Academy
How can I apply for the Leadership Talent Academy?
The Leadership Talent Academy will start on Mon, 24.10.2022. In order to participate in the Leadership Talent Academy, you will go through a two-stage selection process. In the first part, you submit your written application documents. After reviewing your documents and receiving positive feedback, we would like to meet you in person in the second stage. The selection process will be accompanied by a selection committee. Each year, 30 master's students or doctoral candidates can participate in the Leadership Talent Academy.
Application to start in winter semester 2022/2023
Phase 1 – Online-Application
- Application period: 01.07.2022 to 31.07.2022
- Notification of preselection / Invitation to the selection interviews: until 22.08.2022
Requirements for the application (please click)
- You are a master's or doctoral student at KIT, come from an engineering or natural science background, are about to enter professional life, and would like to take on leadership responsibility in the future
- You are interested in a value-oriented personality and career development and would like to get to know yourself more intensively
- You should be able to attend all workshop and seminar days
- You have a good command of the German language, both written and spoken
Please note that an application is only possible if you are able to attend all workshop and seminar days and participate in the ongoing evaluations of the program. As the entire content of the Leadership Talent Academy takes place in German, proficiency in written and spoken German (minimum level C1) is required. Please read the FAQ's before applying and also feel free to participate in the information sessions.
Requirements for the application documents (please click)
- Application form: digitally completed application form
- Application video*: max. 120 seconds (cell phone recording or similar is sufficient) with name information, in which the following questions are to be answered:
- What should we know about you and what is the motivation behind your application?
- Why do you want to become a manager?
- What does "good leadership" mean to you?
- Which of your own values would you like to see implemented as a manager?
- Where do you see a need for further development or uncertainties with regard to a leadership position?"
- What do you hope to gain from participating in the Leadership Talent Academy?
- Why should we support you on your way to becoming a leader?
- Certificate of enrollment (for Master students): for the winter semester 2022/2023
- Acceptance as a doctoral candidate (for doctoral students): notice of acceptance as a doctoral candidate (valid in WS 2022/23)
- Transcripts and grade transcripts: University degree certificates and current(!) grade transcript
- Curriculum vitae: Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Portrait image: current portrait image as a separate file
- Social commitment: Proof of social commitment - current and/or during studies and/or doctorate
- Professional commitment: Proof of professional commitment (also participation in competitions/awards) - current and/or during studies or doctorate
- Other evidence: Further proof according to the information in the curriculum vitae (e.g. work / internship certificates)
- Proof of language skills: Proof of German language skills at least on level C1, if you are not a native speaker
Please send your complete application documents within the application period with the subject "Application for the Leadership Talent Academy" via email to LTA∂irm.kit.edu. Please name attachments as listed above (title_surname) and send them as separate PDF files (collected in one email) to the address. Please check your documents for completeness before sending. Unfortunately, incomplete documents cannot be considered in the selection process. In the case of foreign study certificates, please also include a German translation and grade classification.
*Important note about the application video: Upload the video to a platform of your choice to which we have access to during the application process (e.g., via Streamable.com) and include the link in the application form in the according place. Please ensure that the access to your video is maintained until the entire application process is complete. Once the process is complete, you may delete your recording. The creation of the video is not about a professional recording (technical equipment / editing), a simple cell phone recording is sufficient. When answering the above questions, please focus on the essentials in terms of content so that you do not exceed the allotted time.
Phase 2 – Online selection interviews
- Selection interviews: 31.08.2022 to 01.09.2022
- Notification of acceptance and rejection: until 05.09.2022
Online selection interviews (please click)
We would like to get to know you as a person during the selection interviews. We are interested in who you are and what motivation you bring to the Leadership Talent Academy. This is not a technical interview, but rather an assessment of how you could benefit from the Academy's offerings.
The selection interviews will last approximately three hours per applicant (in group and individual settings) and will take place online between Wed, 31.08.2022 and Thu, 01.09.2022 on a morning or afternoon. We would like to point out that the Selection interviews only take place in the mentioned period and unfortunately they cannot be postponed. Therefore, please keep these two days free. We will come back to you with an appointment within this period after a positive review of your application documents.
Acceptances / rejections (please click)
You will receive feedback from us by September 05, 2022 as to whether you can participate in the Leadership Talent Academy this year. Please also check the inboxes in your spam folder. Please understand that due to the large number of applications, we are unfortunately unable to provide you with detailed information on the reasons for the acceptances and rejections. If you are not able to participate this year, we would be happy to receive your application for the next round!
Please note: A separate application is required for participation in the Academy "Leadership and Personality". Further information is available here.