Application for the Leadership Talent Academy
How can I apply for the Leadership Talent Academy?
The Leadership Talent Academy will start on Mon, 18.10.2021. In order to participate in the Leadership Talent Academy, you will go through a two-stage selection process. In the first part, you submit your written application documents and participate in an online selection process. After reviewing your documents and receiving positive feedback, we would like to meet you in person in the second stage. The selection process will be accompanied by a selection committee. Each year, 30 master's students or doctoral candidates can participate in the Leadership Talent Academy.
Application to start in winter semester 2021/2022
Phase 1 – Online-Application
- Application period: 01.07.2021 to 28.07.2021
- Online selection procedure: 30.07.2021 to 02.08.2021
- Notification of preselection / Invitation to the selection interview: until 23.08.2021
Requirements for the application (please click)
- You are a master's or doctoral student at KIT, come from an engineering or natural science background, are about to enter professional life, and would like to take on leadership responsibility in the future.
- You are interested in a value-oriented personality and career development and would like to get to know yourself more intensively.
- You should be able to attend all workshop and seminar days.
- You have a good command of the German language, both written and spoken.
Please note that an application is only possible if you are expected to be able to attend all workshop and seminar days and participate in the ongoing evaluations of the program. As the entire content of the Leadership Talent Academy takes place in German, proficiency in written and spoken German (minimum level C1) is required. Please read the FAQ's before applying and also feel free to participate in the information sessions.
Requirements for the application documents (please click)
- Application form: digitally completed application form
- Letter of motivation: 1-page letter of motivation with name, in which the following guiding question should be answered:
- What does good leadership mean to me and what goals and visions am I pursuing with the desire to become a leader?
- Certificate of enrollment: for the winter semester 2021/2022
- Acceptance as a doctoral candidate: notice of acceptance as a doctoral candidate
- Transcripts and grade transcripts: University degree certificates and current(!) grade transcript.
- Curriculum vitae: Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Social commitment: Proof of social commitment - current and/or during studies and/or doctorate
- Professional commitment: Proof of professional commitment (also participation in competitions/awards) - current and/or during studies or doctorate
- Other evidence: Further proof according to the information in the curriculum vitae (e.g. work / internship certificates)
- Proof of language skills: Proof of German language skills at least on level C1, if you are not a native speaker.
Please send your complete application documents* within the application period with the subject "Application for the Leadership Talent Academy" via email to LTA∂irm.kit.edu.
*Please name attachments as listed above (title_surname) and send them as separate PDF files collected in one email to the address above. Please check your documents for completeness before sending. Unfortunately, incomplete documents cannot be considered in the selection process. In the case of foreign study certificates, please also include a German translation and grade classification.
Online selection procedure (please click)
After receipt of your application documents, you will receive an invitation at the end of the application period to participate in an online selection procedure to record aspects relevant to management (motivation, personality and handling of unfamiliar tasks). Please reserve a period of approx. 2 hours from Fri, 30.07.2021 to Mon, 02.08.2021 (until 12 noon) for the independent execution of the online selection procedure, within which you can participate undisturbed.
- We prefer to recommend that you participate during the provider's support hours in case of questions about the implementation or technical problems. You will receive the contact details with the invitation.
- Friday: from 08:30 am to 12:00 pm and 13:00 pm to 15:30 pm
- Monday: from 08:30 am to 12:00 pm
- When making your plans, please note that participation in the procedure must be completed by 12 noon on Monday, 02.08.2021 at the latest. After that time, processing is no longer possible.
Participation in the online selection process is an integral part of the application and selection process for the Leadership Talent Academy. Preparation in terms of content is neither possible nor necessary. You will receive technical instructions with your invitation. If you do not receive an email with an invitation to the online selection process by Friday morning, July 30, 2021 (please be sure to also check your inbox in the spam folder), please contact us immediately so that we can help you further.
[If you are unable to participate at the times listed above, participation is also possible from Friday to Monday from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm (exceptions: Sunday only from 11:00 am, Monday only until 12:00 pm). Please note, however, that support is only available at the times listed above.]
Phase 2 – Selection interviews
- Selection interviews: 30.08.2021 to 10.09.2021
- Notification of acceptance and rejection: until 17.09.2021
Selection interviews (please click)
We would like to get to know you as a person during the selection interviews. We are interested in who you are and what motivation you bring to the Leadership Talent Academy. This is not a technical interview, but rather an assessment of how you could benefit from the Academy's offerings.
The selection interviews will last approximately half an hour each and will take place between Mon, 30.08.2021 and Fri, 10.09.2021. We would like to point out that the selection interviews will only take place during the specified period and unfortunately cannot be postponed. We will come back to you with an appointment within this period after a positive review of your written application documents.
Acceptances / rejections (please click)
You will receive feedback from us by September 17, 2021 as to whether you can participate in the Leadership Talent Academy this year. Please also check the inboxes in your spam folder. Please understand that due to the large number of applications, we are unfortunately unable to provide you with detailed information on the reasons for the acceptances and rejections or the results of the online selection process. If you do not succeed in participating this year, we look forward to receiving your application next year!
Please note: A separate application is required for participation in the Academy "Leadership and Personality". Further information is available here.