Securing intellectual property
Recognizing, protecting, and defending intellectual property rights as assets is the task of KIT patent officers. They are in charge of one technical department each and are the contact persons for the assigned institutes. The services of the patent team include
- the consulting of inventors,
- the processing of invention disclosures,
- Application and enforcement of patents at home and abroad,
- the defence of patents in the event of an attack by third parties,
- the strategic support of the institutes.
For legal reasons, we can only consult KIT employees and students working at a KIT institute on patent law issues. Inquiries of third parties can therefore not be answered.
At IRM, KIT scientists find information, consulting, and support on the topics of patents and trademarks.To inventor consulting
The form for reporting inventions and other important information for inventors can be found in our download area.To download area
You will find frequently asked questions and answers on the subject of patents in our FAQs.To FAQs