According to § 20 para. 2 p. 1 indent 11 LHG in conjunction with. § Section 29 (3 a) LHG, students enrolled in the summer semester 2020 or winter semester 2020/2021 are subject to an individual standard period of study that deviates from the standard period of study and is extended by one semester for each of these semesters; the Ministry of Science may extend this regulation to further semesters by statutory order.
So please apply even if you are no longer in the standard period of study in the award period. If you were on leave of absence in the summer semester 2020 or winter semester 2020/2021, or are currently on leave of absence, please submit a certificate stating the reason for the leave of absence.
A KIT Deutschlandstipendium can only be received by those who have a German account and are enrolled at KIT when the scholarship is paid out.
Due to Corona, notification of the scholarship holders this year is only possible in OCTOBER. Payment of the FIRST benefit will be made at the end of October. We cannot provide any information on the selection process before then; please do not make any enquiries.
Scholarship year winter semester 2021/2022
|April 2022||Application period 01. April unitl 28. April 2022
(The application deadline for 2021 was April 2021, applications for 2021 are NO longer possible.)
|August 2021||Selection of scholarship holders by the respective faculty|
|September/October 2021||Notification of scholarship holders|
|October 2021||Start of the funding period and 1st payment of the scholarships|
|October/ November 2021||Scholarship celebration|
- Fill out the online application form, upload certificates in PDF format - done!
- You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application.
- In September/October you will be informed by mail about the acceptance or rejection.
All documents must be attached in PDF format!
Other formats cannot be opened during the evaluation and therefore cannot be considered. Please submit certificates in electronic form and only via the application form. Only documents submitted completely and on time can be processed.
Structure your PDF files as follows and upload them in the appropriate fields. Please also make sure that your files are named accordingly, so that the later classification is easier.
- PDF 1: Cover Letter
- Length: max. 1-1.5 pages
- In your cover letter, please also describe in more detail your e.g. voluntary positions, personal circumstances, etc. However, this information can only be taken into account with appropriate proof.
- Please address the letter of motivation to your faculty, as we will send the application documents to your faculty.
- PDF 2: Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Tabular curriculum vitae, 1-2 pages
- Please keep your CV up to date.
- PDF 3: University entrance qualification (HZB)
- Students in the Master must also add the Bachelor's degree certificate.
- PDF 4: Certificate of enrollment
- PDF 5: Proof of social commitment
- PDF 6: Internship and job references
- PDF 7: Other certificates (e.g. prizes and awards, special personal circumstances)
- PDF 8: Current transcript of records (it must be dated within the application period)
- Credit count is mandatory
- Applicants who do not yet have a KIT transcript of records, please upload the high school graduation certificate instead.
IMPORTANT: Only ONE PDF document can be attached per field. If you want to upload more than one document per field, please merge them into one PDF! An application can only be processed as a complete data set. Subsequent submission or re-submission of documents is not possible.
Only if the online application form is completed within the application period can the application be considered for the selection procedure. Other documents submitted by e-mail will not be considered.
Exception: Submission of university entrance qualification and certificate of enrollment by first-year students
- Please note the limitation of data sizes (2 MB/file, 8 MB in total)
- Note for applicants: You can still submit proof of your university entrance qualification by 31 July 2021 by e-mail: deutschlandstipendium∂kit.edu
- If you completed your Abitur or Bachelor's degree abroad: Only certificates in English language that have been officially authenticated can be recognised. Furthermore, your grades must be converted according to the German grading system.
- If you are not yet enrolled at KIT for a Bachelor's or Master's degree, please be sure to submit the certificate of enrollment immediately upon receipt by email.
- If you are studying for a master’s degree but do not yet have a bachelor’s certificate, please let us know in the letter of motivation, upload the high school diploma under the item “University entrance qualification” and send us the bachelor’s certificate immediately upon receipt by email.
Please note the ANBest-P.
The following criteria and features are considered for the selection:
- Academic achievements to date
- Average grade of the university entrance qualification
- special achievements, awards and prizes, previous work experience and internships
- Out-of-school activities such as voluntary work, social, university or political commitment or participation in religious communities, associations or clubs (proof of voluntary work that is still being carried out today must not be older than one year, otherwise we can no longer consider it to be current voluntary work)
- Special personal or family circumstances such as illness and disabilities, caring for one's own children, especially as a single parent, or close relatives in need of care, working in the family business, employment during studies, family background or a migration background
Please always attach current documents, certificates, etc.